- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Looking for a budget friendly, fast, and delicious way to feed the kids now that school is back in session? Our Deep Dish Pizza Casserole is just what you need! This easy deep dish pizza is ready in just 30 minutes, and is sure to please the kids with its cheesy pizza goodness. You’ll give the flavors and simplicity of this dish an A+!
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup frozen bell peppers and onions, thawed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain off pan drippings. Stir in spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, and onion and pepper mixture and cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough and press into bottom and halfway up sides of baking dish (see Notes). Line pizza dough with 6 slices of mozzarella cheese. Top with meat mixture. Place remaining 6 slices of cheese over meat filling and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese begins to bubble up. Cool 5 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Make sure to push the pizza crust up the sides of your baking dish so the delicious pizza filling will bubble up inside the crispy crust. And if you like your pizza with more toppings, add pepperoni or crumbled, cooked sausage for extra taste!