Sausage Alfredo Pasta
yield: SERVES 6-8
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
Creamy, Sausage Alfredo Pasta is a quick and versatile dinner recipe that is on the table in under 30 minutes!
- 1 lb dry pasta (I use bow ties, but any pasta is fine)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz fully cooked smoked sausage, sliced (any variety…I use turkey sausage)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- While pasta cooks, add butter and garlic to a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until butter is melted and garlic begins to brown.
- Slowly add in heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Simmer until sauce thickens on medium heat, about 8-10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add in Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes (optional). Stir in sliced sausage and add to pot with drained pasta. Stir together, serve, and enjoy!