- SERVING SIZE
- 1 Slice
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Are you ready to shake, rattle, and roll with Elvis’ Coconut Cake? Good, because the flavor is here and larger than life! This coconut cake recipe is just like Elvis’ mama used to make; that means those classic Graceland flavors and a mother’s tender love, were all shook up into one delicious coconut cake. This dessert is everything you need to eat like The King!
What You’ll Need
- COCONUT CAKE
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- BUTTERY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (7-ounce) bag shredded sweetened coconut
What to Do
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees F. Coat bottoms of 2 (8-inch) cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, coconut milk, oil, and eggs until thoroughly combined. Pour batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in the pans, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until creamy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and mix until light and fluffy. (If you add the sugar too quickly, you’ll make a huge mess. Trust us on that one!)
- Place one of the cakes upside down on a serving platter (so the flat side is up) and evenly cover the top with frosting. Place second cake over first (this time, dome side up) and frost the top and sides with remaining frosting. Generously sprinkle coconut over entire cake, patting it gently to secure. Serve immediately, or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.