Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes
yield: 12-15 CUPCAKES
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
Rich Chocolate Cupcakes topped with a creamy Chocolate Chip Cheesecakefrosting! Decadent, from scratch, and delicious!
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee, strong
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate morsels, divided
- For the cupcakes, mix flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder in small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix brewed coffee and milk. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes until fluffy. Add egg. Slowly add in dry ingredients, alternating with milk mixture (in about 3 additions).
- Pour into lined cupcake pans and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat butter and cream cheese for 3 minutes until fluffy. Add in vanilla, powdered sugar and milk and beat an additional 3-5 minutes. Fold in 1 1/4 cup mini chocolate morsels. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Sprinkle with remaining morsels if desired.