- 6 patties
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Croquettes are a crispy, old-fashioned favorite that come together in no time at all, and our recipe for Homestyle Tuna Croquettes is no exception. We combine canned tuna with some comforting ingredients, like mashed potatoes and a couple of veggies, to create this sensational dish!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) can tuna, drained, flaked
- 1 1/2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine tuna, mashed potatoes, peas, onion, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, the mustard, egg, salt, and pepper; mix well. Shape mixture into 6 round patties.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow dish; coat each patty completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Cook patties 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Serve immediately, or make ahead and rewarm in a low oven just before serving.