PREP TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME15 minutes
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bag (16 oz) mini marshmallows, divided
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- green gel food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini morsels
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers
- 1 cup dark chocolate melting wafers
- 16 candy eyeballs
- Line 8 or 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside. Remove 16 mini marshmallows from bag before starting (for Frankenstein neck bolts).
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add in all but 1 cup marshmallows, and continue stirring until fully melted.
- Remove from heat and immediately mix in peppermint extract and 1 drop green gel food coloring.
- Add in cereal and mix until combined. Fold in 1 cup of remaining marshmallow and mini morsels. Press into prepared pan. Allow to set about one hour.
- Once set, life parchment paper to remove treats from pan. Place on a cutting board and cut in half, then each half into fourths. You should finish with 8 large rectangles.
- In a small glass bowl, melt white chocolate wafers in microwave for one minute. Stir smooth and add in one drop of green gel food coloring. Spread over the tops of the krispie treats.
- In a small glass bowl, melt dark chocolate wafers in microwave for one minute. Stir smooth and dip top of each Frankenstein in chocolate (to create hair).
- Spoon the remaining dark chocolate into a small ziploc bag. Snip off the end and decorate the face by attaching the candy eyes with a drop of chocolate. Then pipe on the mouth, a scar on the forehead, and one drop to attach the mini marshmallow neck bolts.
- Allow to set and enjoy!