PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME10 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME4 hours
TOTAL TIME4 hours20 minutes
Sweet vanilla peppermint fudge packed with crushed candy canes! This Candy Cane Fudge NEEDS to be included on your holiday dessert plate this year!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peppermint candy canes, chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cream, butter, and salt. Heat over medium high heat and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Continue boiling for 5 minutes, while stirring. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add marshmallow cream, white chocolate chips, and vanilla extract.
- Pour hot butter mixture over, and turn mixer on low. Blend for 1-2 minutes, until white chocolate morsels have melted, and mixture is smooth.
- Fold in chopped candy (reserve about 1 Tbsp of candy to sprinkle over top).
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish, lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with remaining candy.
- Allow to set, about 4 hours at room temperature. Do not refrigerate.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy.