PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME20 minutes
Hate making cutout gingerbread cookies? These Gingerbread Cookie Bars are soft and chewy and topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting. Whip up a batch this holiday season!
FOR THE COOKIE BARS
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkles, if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line 13 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat together until fluffy. Add in the egg and beat until smooth. Add in the molasses and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt and mix until combined.
- Press cookie dough into baking dish and bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat butter and cream cheese for 4 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla and beat an additional 4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Spread frosting over cooled bars. Add sprinkles and enjoy.
- Store in airtight container for up to one week.
Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid – 9 inch x 13 Inch
KitchenAid KSM75WH Classic Plus Series 4.5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, White
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.