yield: 24 BROWNIES
prep time: 15 MINUTES PREP, 2 HOURS CHILL TIME
FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 1 box brownie mix, with ingredients according to package (13×9 size)
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cup powdered sugar
FOR THE GANACHE:
- 1 package (10 oz) dark chocolate chips (bittersweet morsels, 60%)
- 6 Tbsp heavy cream
- Prepare brownies according to package directions for a 13×9. Make sure to line your baking dish with parchment paper.
- While brownies are baking, make peanut butter filling. In a mixing bowl, combined melted butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Beat until combined.
- Remove brownies from oven when done baking. Gently drop peanut butter filling onto top of warm brownies, using fingertips to make sure brownies are completely covered.
- For the ganache, in a small microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Heat for one minute. Stir until smooth. Pour over peanut butter layer and spread until evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate brownies for 2 hours (or more). Cut into bars while chilled. Serve and enjoy!!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you’re cooking up in the kitchen!