Brownies are a deliciously simple dessert creation that are completely packed with flavor on their own, or you can add chocolate chips, raisins, chopped maraschino cherries or nuts for a unique finish.
For 6 people
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, melted
- 8 tablespoon(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) to 2 cup chocolate chips semisweet, white, butterscotch, peanut butter or raisins or chopped maraschino cherries or nuts
- Grease an 8-inch square pan or line with foil.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix well; add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not over mix).
- Spread in pan and bake in a preheated, 350-degree oven for approximately 25 minutes.
- Do not over-bake and adjust time/temp accordingly for your oven. If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs, not clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- For vegetarian omit the marshmallows.
Ready in 35 min