- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Whether you’re a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It’s got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let’s face it, that goes with just about anything! From this Healthy Slow Cooker Comfort Soup to the fill-ya-up goodness of our Irish Potato Soup, you can’t go wrong! It’s the perfect, fresh-from-the-oven solution for all your dipping, or dunking, needs!
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced very thin
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter; cook onion 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and golden.
- On a lightly floured surface, with a rolling pin, roll out dough to a 10- x 15-inch rectangle. With your fingertips, gently push dough up to the edges, forming a rim. If dough is sticky, dust it and your hands lightly with flour.
- Brush dough with egg then spread onion evenly over the top. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Remove to a cutting board, let cool slightly, then cut into squares and serve.