f you thought air fryers were only good for making French fries, guess again! We’ve got an easy cookie recipe that comes together right in your air fryer. It’s so good you’ll think it won first place at the state fair! Our Blue Ribbon “Fried” Sandwich Cookies are the perfect change-of-pace air fryer recipe you’ve been looking for.
What You’ll Need
- 1 (7.5-ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 10 chocolate sandwich cookies (you know the ones we mean)
- Cooking spray
- Confectioners’ sugar for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat air fryer to 320 degrees F.
- Separate each biscuit in half. (Don’t cut them in half, just separate the layers so you have 20 thinner biscuits.) Using your fingers, slightly flatten each piece of dough so that it’s bigger than a cookie.
- Place milk in a small bowl and quickly dunk a cookie in the milk. Place dipped cookie on a piece of dough and top with another piece of dough. Pinch edges together to seal and press dough gently around cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies and dough.
- Coat air fryer basket with cooking spray. Lightly spray both sides of dough. Working in batches if necessary, place cookies in basket, making sure not to overcrowd. Air-fry 5 minutes or until golden. Repeat as needed with remaining cookies. Remove from basket, sprinkle heavily with confectioners’ sugar, and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Don’t have an air fryer? You can bake these at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Just make sure you spray baking sheet and the top of dough with cooking spray before baking to ensure it browns evenly.