PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME1 hour20 minutes
REST TIME4 hours
TOTAL TIME5 hours35 minutes
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 drop green food coloring, gel
- 6 oz dark chocolate wafers, melted
- In a clean, dry mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites for 30 seconds until frothy.
- Add in vinegar and cornstarch, whisk with electric mixer for 1 minute. While beating, slowly add the sugar in a steady stream. Add peppermint extract and food coloring.
- Beat for 4 minutes on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon into a large pastry bag with tip, pipe on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake in a 200 degree oven for 80 minutes. Turn oven off and allow meringues to set 4 hours or overnight.
- Once set, dip into melted chocolate and return to parchment paper to set. ENJOY.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 27 TOTAL FAT: 0g SATURATED FAT: 0g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 0g CHOLESTEROL: 0mg SODIUM: 20mg CARBOHYDRATES: 6g FIBER: 0g SUGAR: 4g PROTEIN: 0g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice