- FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- FOR THE GANACHE:
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 7 oz Fluff (marshmallow cream)
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 bar Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, mix together cooled coffee and milk. Set aside.
- In mixer, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. Slowly add in dry ingredients alternating with coffee mixture (about 3 additions of each). Pour batter into cupcake liners, about 1/2 full.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove and cool.
- For ganache, melt chocolate with cream in double boiler until smooth. Spoon ganache over cooled cupcakes, sprinkle immediately with crushed graham crackers. Set aside.
- To make frosting, beat butter with marshmallow cream, powdered sugar and heavy cream for 3-5 minutes, until fluffy. Add more heavy cream if necessary to get desired consistency. To frost cupcakes, fill decorator bag and pipe onto cupcakes. Sprinkle immediately with chopped chocolate. ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 293 TOTAL FAT: 13g SATURATED FAT: 8g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 4g CHOLESTEROL: 46mg SODIUM: 192mg CARBOHYDRATES: 42g FIBER: 1g SUGAR: 33g PROTEIN: 3g