PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME16 minutes
TOTAL TIME26 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla. Add mashed banana (I use a stand mixer and just add the whole bananas, letting the mixer mash them).
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Divide batter in half.
- To one half of the batter, mix in the baking cocoa.
- Prepare cupcake tin by greasing with baking spray. Drop 2 Tbsp of plain batter into each muffin. Then 2 Tbsp of chocolate batter into each muffin. Should make about 18 muffins.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 16-18 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack. Store in air tight container for up to 4 days, or freeze in ziploc freezer bag for one month. ENJOY.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 162 TOTAL FAT: 6g SATURATED FAT: 4g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 2g CHOLESTEROL: 25mg SODIUM: 177mg CARBOHYDRATES: 26g FIBER: 1g SUGAR: 14g PROTEIN: 2g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.