- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Our Ultimate Coconut Cake is a show-stopping dessert that’s perfect for Easter, or any other time you want to whip it up! You can change the toppings to whatever is fun and festive for the holiday, so you can make this moist cake for any occasion! And as good as it looks, we promise, it tastes even better!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- Jelly beans for decorating
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the bottoms of 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, 1 cup coconut milk, oil, and eggs; mix until thoroughly combined. Pour batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make Frosting, in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, 1/4 cup coconut milk, and vanilla until creamy. Slowly add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving platter and spread evenly with frosting. Place second layer on top and frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Sprinkle coconut over entire cake. Keep refrigerated. When ready to serve, decorate with jelly beans.