- ⅓ cup Oil, soybean, salad or cooking
- ⅓ cup Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
- 1 (19 ounce) package Italian sausage, raw, pork
- 4 eaches Chicken, broilers or fryers, thigh, meat and skin, raw
- 1 (14 ounce) can S & W Ready Cut Tomatoes in Juice-Cnd-Cup SW
- 1 Onions, raw
- 1 Peppers, sweet, yellow, raw; yellow bell pepper
- 2 stalks Celery, raw
- 1 Peppers, jalapeno, raw
- 4 cloves Garlic, raw
- 1 teaspoon Spices, garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Spices, paprika
- 1 teaspoon Spices, onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Spices, pepper, black
- 1 teaspoon Spices, oregano, ground
- 2 cups Swanson Clear Chicken Broth CAM
- Step 1
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook and stir until a golden brown paste forms, about 10 minutes.
- Step 2
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Step 3
Place chicken thighs in the same skillet; cook and stir until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken thighs to the slow cooker.
- Step 4
Stir diced tomatoes, onion, yellow bell pepper, celery, jalapeno pepper, and minced garlic into the slow cooker. Add flour paste, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, pepper, and oregano. Stir in chicken broth.
- Step 5
Cook on Low until flavors combine, 6 to 8 hours.
Substitute canola oil for the vegetable oil if desired.
Substitute a green or red bell pepper for the yellow one if desired.