- Grilled Pork Chops with Fresh Nectarine Salsa
- A zippy, sweet and spicy nectarine salsa goes really well with pork, particularly grilled pork, in this favorite summer recipe.By MICHELLE0011Prep:25 minsCook:8 minsTotal:33 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 2 eaches nectarines, pitted and diced
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
- Step 1Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grate, and set 4 inches from the heat.
- Step 2To make the salsa, place the nectarines, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and red pepper flakes in a bowl; toss to blend. Season to taste with salt. Cover, and refrigerate 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Step 3Stir the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Place the olive oil in a small bowl. Brush the pork chops with oil, and season both sides evenly with the cumin mixture.
- Step 4Place pork loin chops on the preheated grill. Cook until lightly browned and juices run clear, about 4 minutes on each side. Place pork chops on serving plates, and top with a generous spoonful of salsa.
Per Serving:419 calories; protein 51.2g 103% DV; carbohydrates 10.8g 4% DV; fat 18.3g 28% DV; cholesterol 130.2mg 43% DV; sodium 91.9mg 4% DV.