Grilled Portobello with Basil Mayonnaise Sandwich
A light vegetarian sandwich with great flavor that is perfect for summer. You can use just about any type of bread but Kaiser rolls or burger buns are best. I like to serve this with grilled squash and a glass of white wine!By RotorwifePrep:10 minsCook:10 minsAdditional:5 minsTotal:25 minsServings:6Yield:6 sandwiches
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 mushrooms portobello mushroom caps
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 6 eaches kaiser rolls, split, toasted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 medium whole (2-3/5″ dia) (blank)s tomato slices
- Step 1Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Step 2Arrange the portobello mushrooms gill-side up on a tray or baking sheet. Brush the mushrooms with some of the vinegar mixture, and allow to marinate for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 3Place the marinated mushrooms on the preheated grill, gill-side down. Grill mushrooms until tender, brushing both sides of the mushrooms with the remaining marinade, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Step 4Mix the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and basil in a small bowl. Butter the toasted kaiser rolls, then spread with the mayonnaise mixture. Divide the mushrooms, lettuce, and tomato slices evenly to make 6 sandwiches.
Per Serving:411.9 calories; protein 8.3g 17% DV; carbohydrates 35.6g 12% DV; fat 27.7g 43% DV; cholesterol 12.1mg 4% DV; sodium 417.4mg 17% DV.© Copyright 2020 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 08/30/2020