Slow Cooker Creamed Corn with Onion and Chives
A tasty variation.By TerryWilsonPrep:20 minsCook:2 hrs 20 minsTotal:2 hrs 40 minsServings:8Yield:8 servings
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 4 ½ cups whole kernel corn
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive and onion cream cheese
- Step 1Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels; crumble when cool enough to handle.
- Step 2Coat the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Step 3Combine corn, red bell pepper, half-and-half, butter, sugar, salt, black pepper, and half the crumbled bacon in the slow cooker; stir well.
- Step 4Cook on High for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Step 5Stir cream cheese into corn mixture; cook until cheese melts, about 10 more minutes. Stir well and top with remaining bacon before serving.
Per Serving:313.3 calories; protein 5.9g 12% DV; carbohydrates 20g 7% DV; fat 23.9g 37% DV; cholesterol 57.5mg 19% DV; sodium 404.2mg 16% DV.© Copyright 2020 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 08/30/2020