While not a true naan bread, this sure works in a pinch!By KimPrep:10 minsCook:20 minsTotal:30 minsServings:8Yield:8 naan breads
- 1 ¼ cups self-rising flour, or more as needed
- 1 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- Step 1Mix self-rising flour and Greek yogurt together in a large bowl until combined. Transfer to a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth, adding more flour as necessary to keep dough from sticking, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 2Pat dough into a rough 9×7-inch rectangle. Divide into 8 equal pieces. Lightly dust each piece with flour and flatten into a semi-rectangular shape, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Step 3Lightly grease a large skillet and place it over medium heat. Add 1 or 2 of the flattened dough pieces to the skillet. Cook until they begin to bubble and brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Flip over and cook an additional 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and repeat with remaining dough until all pieces are cooked. Serve warm.
Cooking these flatbreads can be a bit of a smoky process! Make sure to have a window open or a stove vent on just in case!
I use a homemade self-rising flour mix where, for every 1 cup of all-purpose flour, I add a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of baking powder to make it “self-rising.”
Per Serving:101.6 calories; protein 3.4g 7% DV; carbohydrates 15.5g 5% DV; fat 2.7g 4% DV; cholesterol 5.6mg 2% DV; sodium 264.3mg 11% DV.© Copyright 2020 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.