Yield: 15 Muffins
Zucchini Orange Muffins
5.0 Stars (6 Reviews)Prep Time10 minutesCook Time17 minutesTotal Time27 minutes
Zucchini Orange Muffins with zesty citrus flavor and a sweet orange glaze. These muffins are a delicious way to start the day!
For the muffins
- 1 cup packed, shredded zucchini (about 2 small zucchini)
- 4 oranges, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of orange juice (from the oranges above)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grate zucchini and set aside.
- Zest one orange, and juice all the oranges. You’ll need 3/4 cup orange juice total, 1/2 cup for the muffin batter, and 1/4 cup for the glaze.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add in vanilla extract and egg. Beat in the orange zest and 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, just until combined. Fold in the shredded zucchini.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake wrappers or spray with baking spray. Use a large scoop and add batter.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, reduce heat to 350 (without taking muffins out) and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While the muffins cool, make the glaze with whisking powdered sugar with 1/4 cup orange juice until desired consistency. If it’s too thin add a little more powdered sugar. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
- For today’s recipe I used Cara Cara oranges.
- Baking the muffins in a hotter oven to start helps them rise quickly and create those rounded muffin tops we love!
- Store in refrigerator for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Yield: 15Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 277Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 38gProtein: 3g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.