Thyme-Rubbed Steaks with Sauteed Mushrooms This is an easy recipe. My family just loves the mushroom topping. Add some boiled carrots and mashed potatoes to make a wonderful meal.By LEMONPIEPrep:10 minsCook:20 minsTotal:30 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound New York strip steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and thyme. Sprinkle onto each side of the steaks, pressing in so it adheres. Set aside.
- Step 2Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots; cook and stir for about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, and cook for a few more minutes, until tender. Stir in the red wine, and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Step 3Heat the oil in a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Fry steaks for 5 to 7 minutes per side, or to your desired degree of doneness. Remove to a plate and let rest for a few minutes. Top with mushrooms and serve.
Per Serving:253.1 calories; protein 21.6g 43% DV; carbohydrates 5.3g 2% DV; fat 15.9g 24% DV; cholesterol 66.4mg 22% DV; sodium 673.2mg 27% DV.© Copyright 2020 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.