Brown Sugar-Pineapple Pork Chops Brown sugar-pineapple pork chops with caramelized red onions and tangy goat cheese are a delicious one-skillet supper. It’s a sweet take on juicy pork chops that are quick and easy to prepare! Sprinkle with parsley for garnish, if desired.Prep:15 minsCook:15 minsTotal:30 minsServings:4Yield:4 pork chops
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple rings, drained and juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 raw chop with refuse, 113 g; (blank) 4 ounces boneless pork chops
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Step 1Combine chipotle powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Step 2Pat pineapple rings dry.
- Step 3Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large, nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple rings and red onion; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice and brown sugar. Cook until pineapple is lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer pineapple-onion mixture to a plate.
- Step 4Pat pork chops dry and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the same saucepan over medium-high heat; swirl to coat pan. Add chops; cook until bottom is browned, about 3 minutes. Flip and sprinkle the chipotle mixture on top. Cook until other side is browned, about 3 minutes. Continue flipping and cooking until no longer pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Step 6Transfer chops onto a plate and top with the pineapple-onion mixture. Sprinkle goat cheese on top.
Per Serving:262.1 calories; protein 16.9g 34% DV; carbohydrates 26.1g 8% DV; fat 10.3g 16% DV; cholesterol 42.9mg 14% DV; sodium 110.4mg 4% DV.© Copyright 2020 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 09/18/2020