Best Ever Caramel Rolls These are fabulous caramels rolls sure to please! I am asked for the recipe as often as I serve them. Superb company recipe as can be prepared the night before and the aroma in the morning will have everyone’s mouths watering! You can serve them in the pan or flip over on a tray to show off the caramel topping!Prep:25 minsCook:33 minsAdditional:8 hrs 10 minsTotal:9 hrs 8 minsServings:24Yield:24 caramel rolls
- 1 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 2 (1 pound) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup butter
- Step 1Mix white sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Step 2Roll out 1 thawed loaf into a large rectangle. Brush half of the melted butter evenly over dough. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture over butter. Roll up dough into a log starting with the long edge closest to you. Cut log into 1-inch slices with a sharp serrated knife. Arrange slices cut-side up in an ungreased 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Step 3Repeat step 2 with second thawed loaf.
- Step 4Combine brown sugar, vanilla ice cream, and 1/2 cup butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; stir until melted and well-blended, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour caramel mixture over rolls in the baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate until rolls double, 8 hours to overnight.
- Step 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 6Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before serving.
You can also use a long strand of thread to cut the logs into slices.
Per Serving:233.6 calories; protein 4g 8% DV; carbohydrates 36.9g 12% DV; fat 7.7g 12% DV; cholesterol 17.1mg 6% DV; sodium 258.7mg 10% DV.© Copyright 2020 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.