Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Almonds Brussels Sprouts are shredded like cabbage and quickly sauteed in bacon drippings with garlic and almonds. This recipe has made Brussels sprouts lovers out of haters.Prep:20 minsCook:10 minsTotal:30 minsServings:8Yield:8 servings
- 4 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1Fry bacon in a large deep skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels.
- Step 2Add the garlic and almonds to the fat in the skillet and cook briefly over medium heat until toasted. Add the Brussels sprouts and quickly toss to coat with the hot oil. Sprinkle the red wine vinegar over the sprouts and toss again to coat. Cook, stirring frequently, until sprouts are wilted. Remove from the heat, stir in the bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Per Serving:221.6 calories; protein 11.1g 22% DV; carbohydrates 22.2g 7% DV; fat 12.1g 19% DV; cholesterol 14.3mg 5% DV; sodium 232mg 9% DV.© Copyright 2020 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 10/06/2020