Amazing Monkey Bread
This recipe is a big treat, and I often make it at our lake house when we takes guests there. Use the maximum amount of brown sugar listed and all of the pudding package for a sweeter dish. The corn syrup makes it gooey! Make sure you plan ahead – this recipe needs to sit overnight.Prep:15 minsCook:40 minsAdditional:8 hrsTotal:8 hrs 55 minsServings:12Yield:1 tube pan
- 24 frozen dinner rolls
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, or more to taste
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package cook and serve butterscotch pudding mix
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- Step 1Arrange dinner roll dough in a grease tube pan.
- Step 2Heat butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved about 5 minutes; pour over rolls. Sprinkle with pecans and pudding mix. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; sprinkle over pudding mix. Pour corn syrup evenly over cinnamon mixture. Cover tube pan with a sheet of greased aluminum foil and allow dough to rise overnight.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Move rack to the lower half of the oven.
- Step 4Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Allow bread to rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Invert pan onto a baking sheet or large plate to serve.
Per Serving:468 calories; protein 9.5g; carbohydrates 73.6g; fat 16.1g; cholesterol 23.5mg; sodium 535.2mg.© Copyright 2020 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 12/21/2020