Yield: 24 Truffles
5.0 Stars (4 Reviews)Prep Time40 minutesCook Time5 minutesAdditional Time3 hoursTotal Time3 hours 45 minutes
Sweet and nutty homemade truffles are as easy as can be with this Chocolate Almond Truffle recipe! Learn how to make truffles at home and impress everyone with these delicious candies.
- 12 oz milk chocolate
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ¾ tsp almond extract
- ⅓ cup almonds, chopped
- 16 oz white chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup red/green candy melts
- In a saucepan, melt milk chocolate with heavy cream until smooth. Remove and cool about 15 minutes.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add almond extract. Beat on low until smooth (about 1-2 minutes). Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Scoop mixture into small ¾ inch balls, roll in chopped almonds and freeze on parchment lined cookie sheet for about one hour.
- Using a toothpick, dip each truffle in melted white chocolate. Tap side of bowl to remove excess. Allow to set on cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Drizzle with melted red and green chocolate candy melts. Set 15 minutes and enjoy. Store in airtight container or freeze in ziploc for future use.