This easy Mexican Street Corn recipe uses a tasty combination of mayonnaise, cotija cheese and lime juice.
Excerpt from Bear Bottom Bliss: Five Generations of Food, Family & Faith by Hunter and Robbie Shoults. Copyright © 2016 by Hunter and Robbie Shoults. Used with permission by Bear Creek Smokehouse. All rights reserved.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces frozen corn, from 3-4 ears
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3-4 ounces Cotija cheese or feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn and let cook until the corn starts to char. This will take 7-8 minutes and you need to stir the corn often while it cooks.
In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, cheese, lime juice, peppers, cilantro, red onion, garlic, and chili powder. When the corn is done, fold it into the other ingredients. Taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Serve immediately.