Slow Cooker Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
A great cauliflower side dish that goes well with just about anything. An easy way to get kids to eat veggies.Prep:10 minsCook:2 hrs 10 minsTotal:2 hrs 20 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 3 slices bacon
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric (Optional)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (such as Campbell’s®)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, green part only, thinly sliced
- Step 1Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Once cool enough to touch, crumble and divide into thirds.
- Step 2Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Step 3Place cauliflower into the slow cooker and pour chicken broth on top. Season with salt, pepper, and turmeric.
- Step 4Combine cream of chicken soup, mozzarella cheese, and Cheddar cheese in a bowl. Pour over cauliflower mixture.
- Step 5Cook on High until cauliflower is cooked to your liking, about 2 hours. Stir in 2/3 of the crumbled bacon just before serving.
- Step 6Transfer to serving platter and top with green onion and remaining bacon.
If dish seems too runny, add 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water prior to adding bacon crumbles, and cook until thickened, about 2 to 4 minutes.© Copyright 2020 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 12/30/2020