Michele’s Ground Beef Casserole
This is an adaptation to a recipe I found here on Allrecipes.com. My husband loves it and said it’s a keeper!Prep:20 minsCook:45 minsTotal:1 hr 5 minsServings:6Yield:6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Step 2Cook and stir ground beef, sausage, onion, and bell pepper together in a large skillet over medium heat until the beef and sausage are completely browned and crumbled, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain grease from skillet and return to heat.
- Step 3Stir flour, salt, oregano, and black pepper into the beef mixture. Pour spaghetti sauce over the mixture. Add mixed vegetables; bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Step 4Roll crescent dough into a flat layer atop the beef mixture; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Step 5Bake in preheated oven until the dough is golden and the cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.
© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 01/11/2021