This Turkish-inspired egg dish is very similar to the way some Mexican egg breakfasts are prepared. Very versatile and you can control the level of spiciness.Prep:10 minsCook:15 minsTotal:25 minsServings:2Yield:2 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced Aleppo chiles, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Step 1Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, chiles, and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until onions are soft and translucent, 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, with their juices, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Step 2Add eggs to the skillet, tilting the skillet until eggs cover skillet completely. Do not mix. Cook until eggs are set, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 3Top with basil and feta cheese.
You can substitute green bell peppers for the red, serrano chiles for the Aleppo peppers (since they can be hard to find), and cilantro or parsley for the basil.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 01/17/2021