These moist, tender, and flavorful cranberry-orange scones are a great start to the day!Prep:20 minsCook:15 minsAdditional:5 minsTotal:40 minsServings:12Yield:12 scones
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced, divided
- 1 cup dried cranberries, or more to taste
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar, or more to taste
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Step 2Combine flour, butter, white sugar, baking powder, salt, and orange zest in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until butter is pea-sized or smaller. Pour buttermilk and 1/2 of the orange juice in slowly, with the processor running, until dough is sticky and all flour is absorbed. Mix in dried cranberries until evenly distributed. Reserve remaining orange juice for the icing.
- Step 3Place dough on a lightly floured surface and gently roll to a thickness of about 1 inch. Cut dough into 12 triangles with a knife (or use a biscuit cutter for circles) and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Step 4Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Step 5While the scones are baking, combine reserved orange juice and 1 cup powdered sugar for icing. Stir to desired consistency, adding more powdered sugar as needed.
- Step 6Remove scones from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes to cool. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with icing. Serve warm.
© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 01/23/2021