These are a tasty change from the usual since they use cornbread crumbs instead of crackers or regular bread. They’re always a hit at parties! A friend shared this recipe with me ages ago and I’ve tweaked it to come up with this.Servings:6Yield:6 servings
- 2 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2In a large bowl, combine the cornbread, half of the enchilada sauce, half of the cheese, and the salt. Crumble the beef into the mixture, and blend well using your hands. Shape meat into 1 inch balls, and place on a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan, or any cookie sheet with sides to catch the grease.
- Step 3Bake for 18 to 22 minutes in the preheated oven, until the meat is cooked through.
- Step 4While the meatballs are cooking, warm the tomato sauce and remaining enchilada sauce in a saucepan. Remove the meatballs from the pan using a slotted spoon, and place in a serving dish. Pour the heated sauce over them, and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Provide toothpicks for serving.
For the cornbread, I use a box of the ready-mix cornbread and add two tablespoons of taco seasoning to the other ingredients. Bake according to package directions. Allow to cool and then crumble.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 01/23/2021