Parmesan-Crusted Shrimp Scampi with Pasta
This Parmesan-crusted shrimp scampi with pasta takes your basic shrimp scampi to the next level! This dish has everything you love about scampi and more.Prep:25 minsCook:20 minsTotal:45 minsServings:6Yield:6 servings
- 2 cups angel hair pasta
- ½ cup butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Step 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Step 3Heat 1/4 cup butter over medium heat in a large, deep skillet. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant. Add shrimp, white wine, and lemon juice; continue to cook and stir until shrimp is bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, about 5 minutes. Stir in red pepper flakes until well combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Step 4Place remaining 1/4 cup butter, bread crumbs, 1/2 the Parmesan cheese, and parsley in a bowl. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Step 5Place cooked pasta into shrimp scampi mixture; toss until fully coated in sauce. Add remaining Parmesan cheese and toss well. Top with bread crumb mixture.
- Step 6Broil in the preheated oven until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 01/30/2021