Perfect chicken, stock, wine, onions, garlic, mushroom, cream, butter, herbs, lemon, and capers reduce to make a perfect sauce. Served alongside mushroom rice and asparagus; it is HEAVEN! Patience is key with the sauce. The flavors will come together beautifully if you allow them to reduce as directed.Prep:10 minsCook:1 hr 15 minsTotal:1 hr 25 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- ½ cup cornstarch, or as needed
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Step 1Pour the chicken broth into a saucepan with the onion and garlic; bring to a boil and cook at a boil until the liquid reduces by half, about 10 minutes. Pour in the white wine, return to a boil, and reduce the liquid by half again, about 10 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, rosemary, and sage; simmer until the mushrooms are tender and have given up their juice, about 15 more minutes. Stir in cream, butter, lemon, and capers; reduce heat and simmer the sauce until thickened, about 10 minutes (45 minutes in all).
- Step 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 3Place the cornstarch into a shallow bowl and press the chicken thighs into the cornstarch on all sides until thoroughly coated. Shake off excess cornstarch. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; pan-fry the chicken thighs until they develop a golden brown crust, about 8 minutes per side. Place the chicken thighs into a 9×9-inch baking dish and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Step 4Bake in the preheated oven until the sauce is bubbling and the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a chicken thigh should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 610 calories; protein 23.5g; carbohydrates 22.3g; fat 42.5g; cholesterol 174.6mg; sodium 206.1mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 02/06/2021