Sunday Brunch Casserole
A hearty bacon, egg, and hash brown casserole for the bacon lover in all of us. Feel free to use turkey bacon rather than pork!Prep:15 minsCook:50 minsTotal:1 hr 5 minsServings:6Yield:6 servings
- 1 ½ pounds thick sliced bacon
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Step 2Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in the skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Step 3Cook and stir onion and bell pepper over medium heat in reserved drippings until tender, about 5 minutes; remove with slotted spoon.
- Step 4Whisk eggs and milk in a large bowl. Fold hash browns, Cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, dill, onion mixture, and crumbled bacon into egg mixture; transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Step 5Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes.
© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 02/19/2021