Italian Pork Tenderloin
Fresh sage, sun-dried tomatoes, prosciutto, and cream give this pork tenderloin dish its rich flavor. It’s absolutely wonderful and simple! Chopped ham can be used if prosciutto is unavailable.Prep:15 minsCook:35 minsTotal:50 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Step 1Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the prosciutto, sage, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, and onion 5 minutes, until onion is tender. Mix the pork strips into the skillet, and brown about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Step 2Stir the broth and heavy cream into the skillet, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork reaches a minimum temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) and sauce is thickened.
© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 03/02/2021