Creamy Cannellini Soup
This soup takes advantage of canned cannellini beans, but feel free to adjust and use dry beans. The addition of Italian sausage is completely optional.Prep:10 minsCook:20 minsAdditional:10 minsTotal:40 minsServings:5Yield:5 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 (3.5 ounce) links mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 bulb fennel, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 4 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon truffle salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling (Optional)
- Step 1Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Once hot, add butter, followed by sausage and fennel. Stir and break up sausage. Cook, stirring, until sausage is browned, about 5 minutes. Pour in 1 cup chicken broth slowly, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Pour in 2 cans of drained cannellini beans. Cancel Saute mode.
- Step 2Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 cups chicken broth and 2 cans of beans in a blender; blend on high until smooth.
- Step 4Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions for 5 minutes. Release remaining pressure using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Add pureed beans, thyme, and truffle salt to soup; mix to combine.
- Step 5Ladle soup into bowls and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 03/05/2021