Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken Thighs
These chicken thighs are juicy with a crispy crust. They’re reminiscent of chicken cordon bleu, but have turkey instead of ham.Servings:6Yield:6 servings
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sazon seasoning (such as Goya(R) sazonador total), divided
- ½ cup flour, divided
- 2 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 slices turkey lunch meat
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- nonstick cooking spray
- Step 1Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Step 2Cut Swiss cheese into six 2 x 1/2 x 1/2-inch pieces.
- Step 3Set up breading station: place bread crumbs, 2 teaspoon sazonador seasoning, and 1 tablespoon flour in a shallow dish, place remaining flour and sazonador seasoning in a second shallow dish, and crack eggs into a third shallow dish. Whip eggs until yellow and frothy. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Take each piece of Swiss cheese and lay on top of 1 piece turkey meat. Wrap luncheon meat around Swiss cheese.
- Step 5Open up chicken thighs and place a turkey-cheese bundle into the middle of each one. Roll chicken thighs around bundles. Dip each into flour mixture to coat, then shake off excess. Dip into egg, then shake off excess. Finally, dip into bread crumb mixture and press breading into the chicken.
- Step 6Place chicken bundles seam-side down into the air fryer. Spray chicken bundles with nonstick spray.
- Step 7Reduce air fryer temperature to to 380 degrees F (193 degrees C) and air fry chicken for 15 minutes. Turn bundles over, spray with nonstick spray and drop air fryer temperature to 370 degrees F (187 degrees C). Air fry until chicken is cooked through, an additional 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 03/06/2021