Quick Sloppy Joe Stew
Turn a Sloppy Joe into a stew for a thick and savory weeknight dinner. No buns necessary!Prep:15 minsCook:30 minsTotal:45 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can Sloppy Joe sauce
- ¾ cup beef broth
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn with red and green peppers (such as Green Giant® Mexicorn®), drained
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Step 1Brown ground beef, onion, and bell pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain grease from pan.
- Step 2Stir in Sloppy Joe sauce and beef broth until well combined. Add corn, potato, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; stir well.
- Step 3Cover the pot and cook until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
I use Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe sauce.
If Mexicorn® is not available, it’s okay to substitute an 11-ounce can of regular corn or 3/4 cup of frozen corn.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 03/05/2021