Skinny Chicken Casserole
This skinny chicken casserole uses whole wheat pasta and low-fat ingredients.Prep:10 minsCook:55 minsTotal:1 hr 5 minsServings:8Yield:8 servings
- cooking spray
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat rigatoni
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup Italian-seasoned panko bread crumbs
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Coat a medium-sized casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Step 2Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Step 3Mix mayonnaise, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper together in a medium-sized bowl. Add 1 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; mix well. Mix in cooked pasta and chicken, making sure everything is evenly coated.
- Step 4Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Step 5Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, uncover, and replace in the oven. Bake until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 10 minutes more. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes before dishing out.
Per Serving: 225 calories; protein 19.5g; carbohydrates 20.2g; fat 7.8g; cholesterol 43.1mg; sodium 615.7mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 03/13/2021