Yield: 6 Servings
Vanilla Ice Cream
5.0 Stars (6 Reviews)Prep Time5 minutesChill Time12 hoursTotal Time12 hours 5 minutes
The best homemade Vanilla Ice Cream for making sundaes, scooping on top of pie or enjoying with a slice of birthday cake. It doesn’t get any better than the simple joy of a rich, creamy vanilla ice cream!
- 1 ¾ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
- Pour directly into an ice cream maker and follow directions per manufacturer’s instructions for churning.
- Once churning is complete, pour into an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze at least 24 hours before serving.
- For a deeper vanilla bean flavor, use one vanilla pod, split lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Or use homemade vanilla sugar!
- I used a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and it took about 20-25 minutes to churn. Ice cream was soft, not not scoopable.
- I use a metal bread loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap then foil to store my ice cream.
- Due to the frequent opening and closing of a traditional refrigerator/freezer, it may take longer for the ice cream to be solid. Additionally, the ice cream may remain in a soft state. For best results, placing the ice cream in a deep freezer is recommended.
- Recipe from Barefeet in the Kitchen