Baked Cod in Foil
Cod is combined with bell pepper, tomatoes, and basil, wrapped in foil, and then baked in the oven for a quick, delicious low-carb dish for weeknights.Prep:25 minsCook:20 minsTotal:45 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- aluminum foil
- 4 (5 ounce) cod fillets
- lemon, juiced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Step 2Combine tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, olive oil, basil, and garlic in a bowl and mix well.
- Step 3Lay 4 sheets of aluminum foil on a work surface and place 1 cod fillet in the center of each. Spoon tomato mixture evenly on top of the 4 fillets. Drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Place a second sheet of foil on top and seal the edges to make a parcel. Repeat with the remaining fillets and tomato mixture.
- Step 4Bake in the preheated oven until cod flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully unwrap the parcels. Spoon onto warmed plates and serve immediately.
© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 04/02/2021