Mexican Taco Meatloaf
My Mexican grandmother would use leftover corn tortilla chips in our meatloaf and everyone loved it! They all wanted seconds along with the recipe. A delicious Mexican-American comfort food.Prep:15 minsCook:45 minsTotal:1 hrServings:8Yield:1 loaf
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- ¾ cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup mild red taco sauce, or more to taste
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2Thoroughly combine beef, tortilla chips, pepper Jack cheese, onion, and taco seasoning in a bowl.
- Step 3Whisk eggs, milk, and taco sauce together in a separate bowl. Add to meat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Step 4Press mixture into a 9×5-inch loaf pan and top with a strip of taco sauce down the center.
- Step 5Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and browned on top, 45 to 60 minutes.
Per Serving: 272 calories; protein 21.6g; carbohydrates 7.1g; fat 16.6g; cholesterol 120.2mg; sodium 468.4mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 04/03/2021