My husband grew up with this recipe, and I happily adopted it. It is delicious!Prep:30 minsCook:2 hrs 45 minsAdditional:10 minsTotal:3 hrs 25 minsServings:12Yield:12 servings
- ¾ pound ground beef
- ½ pound salami, chopped
- ½ pound pepperoni sausage, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 9 slices white American cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Step 1Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Crumble ground beef into skillet; add salami, pepperoni, and onion. Cook and stir mixture until beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain grease from skillet. Transfer meat mixture to a slow cooker; stir stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper into the meat mixture.
- Step 2Cook mixture in slow cooker on Low for 2 hours.
- Step 3Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Step 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 5Spread a thin layer of the sauce from the meat mixture into the bottom of a baking dish. Layer about 1/3 of the noodles into the bottom of the dish; top with about 1 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, 2/3 cup cottage cheese, 3 slices white American cheese, and 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese. Spread about 1/3 of the meat mixture over the cheese layer. Repeat layers twice more.
- Step 6Bake in preheated oven until the cheese melts throughout the lasagna, about 30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 04/07/2021