Sarah’s Ambrosia Fruit SaladThis recipe has been in my family for years and years. We make it at every holiday family get together and everyone loves it. It’s a great refreshing fruit salad for every occasion, especially summer months and hot days.Prep:15 minsAdditional:2 hrsTotal:2 hrs 15 minsServings:10Yield:10 servings
- 3 (20 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 (15 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10.5 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- ¾ cup shredded coconut, or to taste
- Step 1Mix pineapple, oranges, sour cream, marshmallows, and coconut together in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until flavors blend, 2 hours to overnight.
You CAN serve the salad immediately, but I recommend letting it set in the fridge for a few hours as it lets the flavors combine and taste even better. You can make this recipe healthier by using fresh fruit and low or reduced-fat sour cream (which we do), but I do not recommend omitting the marshmallows unless you have your own substitution that can pick up the texture. For more flavor you can add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to taste.
Per Serving: 393 calories; protein 3.4g; carbohydrates 72.1g; fat 11.3g; cholesterol 20mg; sodium 87.3mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 04/07/2021