Tunnel of Fudge Cake IIA cake that needs no introduction, Ladies and Gentlemen, Tunnel of Fudge!Servings:12Yield:1 – 10 inch Bundt
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package non-instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ⅓ cups white sugar
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Step 1In medium pan, combine 1 1/2 c milk and pudding mix. cook as directed on package Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. set aside.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan or tube pan.
- Step 3In large bowl, combine sugar, butter and shortening. Beat till light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Step 4Add flour, 1/2 c cocoa, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup milk to bowl. Beat at low speed until moistened. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Stir in walnuts.
- Step 5Reserve 2 cups of the batter. Pour remaining batter into greased and floured pan. Spoon filling in ring on top of batter, making sure it does not touch sides of pan. Spoon reserved batter over filling.
- Step 6Bake at 350 F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 1 hour in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Step 7In small bowl, combine confectioners sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Add enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run down sides.
© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 04/07/2021