Delicious Chana MasalaA delicious dish of chickpeas, onions, and tomatoes! You will love this stuff! I suggest eating this with fresh fried naan.Prep:15 minsCook:30 minsTotal:45 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 green chile pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Step 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion, garlic, ginger, and green chile pepper in hot oil until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Step 2Season onion mixture with cumin, paprika, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, and cayenne pepper; stir. Cook onion with spices until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, and tomato sauce; stir and simmer until the tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3Stir yogurt into the mixture until the color of the mixture is even; simmer until again hot, about 5 minutes more. Remove pan from heat; stir lemon juice and salt into the mixture.
You may want to add more than one green chile pepper if you like to have things very spicy. I generally use 2 jalapenos for this recipe.
Per Serving: 413 calories; protein 16.8g; carbohydrates 72.7g; fat 7.8g; cholesterol 1.8mg; sodium 1206.5mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 04/16/2021