Smothered Chicken with Spinach, Potatoes, and MushroomsIf you are looking for a creamy, cheesy, flavorful recipe – this is it! Comfort food is always welcomed in every home. I think most of you will love this dish!Prep:30 minsCook:1 hr 5 minsTotal:1 hr 35 minsServings:8Yield:8 servings
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter, or more as needed
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup sherry wine
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Oil a baking dish.
- Step 2Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and toss to coat well. Shake off excess breading.
- Step 3Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Cook and stir potatoes in the same skillet until almost tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Step 4Add butter to the same skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add green onions and garlic and saute until garlic is browned, about 3 minutes. Add soup, broth, and sherry. Bring to a boil and cook until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 5Pour sauce over chicken and potatoes in the baking dish. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Step 6Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes more.
Use cream of mushroom soup if preferred.
You can use any wine instead of sherry.
Substitute any cheese you like for the mozzarella.
Per Serving: 441 calories; protein 39.1g; carbohydrates 37.3g; fat 14.6g; cholesterol 94.3mg; sodium 723mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 04/16/2021